Monday, April 27, 2009

How I Made Real Money Online

I just wanted to get into this blogging thing more as it seems that it’s a great way to share information, I want to share some affiliate results I’ve had lately that I’m pretty excited about.

I just want to get something straight first, I’m just a regular person, I’m not a guru in fact I’m really just getting a taste of recent online success myself. Lots of people I’ve spoken with that have been in the internet game for a while are in the same boat as me so I know I’m not alone.

It finally feels good to make a few sales here and there, nothing to get too excited about but I know for a fact that once you find something that works and on a consistent basis too, all you need to do is scale it.

$1,000 lesson for free

That’s the key to making money online, secret curtain pulled back, $1,000 lesson right here: find what works and then scale the heck out of it...that’s it!

After losing far more money than I ever made on failed business programs, I just wanted to share my results and some things that worked for me so that you might get something out of it and perhaps help you a little with your money making ventures.

What I realized, sadly after too many profitless years is that there is no magic pill that will throw money at you for you doing nothing, anyone who says different is lying. If you want to make money online, you have to work for it. You have to decide if it’s worth it you.

I wanted to do this so that I could work for myself and my own hours, so for me it is, but you have to determine if it’s worth it for you and what you value.

I know I read in so many ads that peddle that you’ll have more time with family or sipping maithai's on the beach is that it takes as much time as nearly a full time job, BUT, I can say this, I do see how it WILL free up my time the bigger it grows and the more I can automate and outsource the whole process.

So even if it may be a little more work on the front end, it definitely pays off in the long run and working for yourself, you’re working toward building your future, it’s an investment in you and not the company you work for. The work you do has something to show for it and you don’t lose it all the moment you lose your job, that doesn’t all just go away.

So ok, I tried a couple of affiliate programs to see if they lived up to their claims and to give you real feedback before you buy. This is for those who are looking toward buying programs to make money from.

Here’s my opinion on each of them in terms of workability and potential to actually make money by using them:

The thing I look for is profitability. When I say this I mean the ability to make money from the principles the program teaches.

The first program I chose was Maverick Money Makers, I thought I’d give them a try because they are one of the top performers on Clickbank with a gravity of over 600, plus they have a low refund rate, that is a good indication to me that people like the product and that it’s working for them. These are the things that help me decide if a program's is solid. I also look for good testimonials too. Maverick Money Makers has some good testimonials with one in particular from Jerome Chapman who’s pretty big in internet marketing circles who's personally had some great success so far.

The first one is - Maverick Money Makers




Here are some of the things I liked about them.

Great for newbie’s and the not-so-newbie's, especially to start a business from scratch, it teaches the types of programs to look for, profitable niches and products to satisfy those niches which in any successful program you’re in is the key to making money. Find what people want and then give it to them.

You can be up and running quickly and aren’t required to have your own website, you’ll quickly learn though that having one is an advantage, don’t be put off to do so straight away, you can still make money and build towards creating a site later.

Bottom line, you don’t need a site straight away but definitely look into getting one at some stage. Why? Because you can brand yourself, set yourself apart from your competitors selling the same products which really means more profits.

I think the approach to their video training is top notch, being familiar with this type of training, I’m still impressed with the amount of detailed information supplied, every aspect is broken down step by step and I’d like to think I know a few things about internet marketing, but was happy to learn a thing or two myself which made the $97 I parted with a little easier to deal with.

What I wasn’t too thrilled about but isn’t really that big of a deal but I’ll mention anyways:

Because it’s a membership site there are other members with the same information and access to products as you. You can still make good money however as I mentioned previously, to really brand and set yourself apart, it’s worth getting your own site to really differentiate yourself. You’ll realize that once you’ve been in a week or two.

Also, don’t forget that it is a membership site and the $97 fee you pay is ongoing.

Only join this type of program, or any membership site for that matter if you have full intention of using it, otherwise it can be a steep amount of money to just let go to waste.

If you put it into action and use the resources and products outlined in the back office membership area and watch all of the videos and take the time to apply each step outlined, there's no reason why you can't make money off it.

So far, I've made just over $300 in under 2 weeks, a far cry from the thousands per day Darren boasts of but I'm happy, if I keep going at this rate, I will have made $600 in one month, a 6 x return on my investment which will help me to easily cover next month's membership fees.

Will I stay with this program?, hard to say, as long as I can continue to learn and profit from any new techniques, and learning something new, then for now I will.

The second program - Six Figure Yearly




This program’s been around a long while, it used to be number 1 on Clickbank until the competitive, young blood programs knocked it from its perch.

Still, at a respectable position number 13 on Clickbank and with a gravity of 133 and low refund rate, it’s hardly doing badly. I wanted to check it out simply because it has been around for so long which meant a program like this had to be doing something right to stay in the game so long.

So I bought it.

Once you purchase, you’ll find that all 10 chapters of the ebook are contained within its membership back office.

What I liked about it…

No ongoing membership fees, one time purchase.

The author had a great attitude towards time and money and she hit the nail on the head when she said that if it took you 1 hour to make $100 or a day to make $100 that it still spends the same in any supermarket, the difference is the time spent to make it and that you should work smarter and not harder. I thought that was very true.

Videos showing how to set up a Google Adwords account, Clickbank and setting up your own affiliate review site. Good instructions with a good amount of detail, walks through instructions in detail.

Things I didn’t really like...

Testimonials didn’t have any names, just pictures and that there was a little note at the bottom of the page saying that the “Testimonials above are dramatazations of actual client testimonials” which I found a little strange.

There’s a lot of back story before getting to what I was really interested in, I know everyone has a hardship story and I can accept that, but sometimes you just want to cut to the chase and get going with their system. Doesn’t start talking about the program itself until Chapter 6 (there are only 10 chapters in total).

It was a little annoying to the eye, maybe it’s just me but white writing on a gray background got on my nerves a little and made it a tough read, but I got through the 10 chapters in less than an hour.

Bottom line, it didn’t teach me anything I didn’t already know. This is for complete newbie’s, if you know what Google Adwords is, product creation, etc, this isn’t for you.

A lot of speaking in code, for example using a lot of the phrase “information asset” until I deciphered that was just a fancy name for information product. The author is right, it really is more lucrative having your own product but it just isn’t realistic doing this straight out of the gate for most people starting out.

Also, I wouldn’t be encouraging anyone to, ESPECIALLY newbie’s doing Google Adwords as you really can lose your shirt guys! I’ve been doing this a while and I still lost $2,000 in 2 weeks!!!!, I never got over that and now I just will NEVER touch Adwords again. Some people have the knack, I don’t. Adwords is not a good way for anyone to get started unless you want to lose some money quickly, it’s just so cutthroat what with the big boys being able to steal whole successful campaigns by spying on their competitors, this is what you're up against.

The author makes over $500,000 a year which is doable but you find that a good chunk of it is from having her own affiliate program where the affiliates do the promoting for her which is fine but I think it blurs the income line considering most folks starting out won’t be launching directly into an affiliate program of their own.

So, end note, I didn’t learn anything I didn’t already know. She didn’t really teach much and it wasn’t detailed and comprehensive like Maverick Money Makers was where he takes you step by step in his tutorials and goes through it with you, it’s hard to get left behind, especially with video format you don’t miss anything.

Those are my honest thoughts. Guys, you don’t need the Six Figure Yearly program but if you are at the absolute beginner level then this might be more the thing for you, just don’t start out with Adwords.

My recommendation: Maverick Money Makers is a good program, it’s worked for me so far and I’m making a nice amount of money, nowhere near what some members are making but at least it’s proving itself.

It’s not for everyone, it is a $97 per month membership, but it is newbie friendly and if you apply what you learn which really is no non-sense stuff, find hungry market, sell what hungry market wants, then you can make money, but you have to do it.

Like with any system it can work but you have to work it. Remember there are no quick fix solutions, the only way to make money overnight is through a rich, deceased uncle who willed it you, or by winning the lottery, but at least you can work your way to wealth, a dollar at a time.

Here’s to making $600 this month with Maverick Money Makers, I’m just going to do more of what I found works.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Annette.

3 comments:

  1. I hve tried so many and lost so much money,I dont know.
    the only money I ever made, was when I build 15 so so web pages and one good one,I linked all my sites back to my one good one,thats when I got on the first page of the search engines and started making money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making money online does not necessarily have to be difficult. We have all come across individuals offering us opportunities to make money online from the comfort of our own homes. Is this possible though? can we work a few hours a week and make enough money online to live a comfortable life? or are we purely wasting our time and efforts even attempting to succeed at this.
    Have you read the amazing claims that you can make money online? that you can make over $5000 a week online? Can you really make money online though! I wanted to find out, I was at breaking point, Could I make money online? could anyone make money online?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making money online does not necessarily have to be difficult. We have all come across individuals offering us opportunities to make money online from the comfort of our own homes. Is this possible though? can we work a few hours a week and make enough money online to live a comfortable life? or are we purely wasting our time and efforts even attempting to succeed at this.
    Have you read the amazing claims that you can make money online? that you can make over $5000 a week online? Can you really make money online though! I wanted to find out, I was at breaking point, Could I make money online? could anyone make money online?

    ReplyDelete

If You Found This Helpful Please Tell Your Friends

Tell a Friend